Queenston-Chippawa Canal under construction

Description

The Queenston-Chippawa Power Canal was constructed between 1917 and 1921 to carry water from the upper Niagara River, via the Welland River, to the generating station at Queenston.

The canal is 20 kilometres long and its width varies from 13.5 to 93.5 metres. Water flows at a rate of 625 cubic metres per second.

Resources

Home